PICK’EM POOL RULES, TERMS, & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY/FREE-TO-PLAY
THESE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS (collectively, the “PROMOTION TERMS”) APPLICABLE TO THE GATEWAY CASINOS & ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED (“GATEWAY”) PICK ‘EM POOL (the “PROMOTION”). PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE PROMOTION TERMS.
THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, INC., NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC, NFL INTERNATIONAL LLC AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (collectively, the “NFL ENTITIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS PROMOTION IN ANY WAY.
The period beginning at 09/08/2022 8:00 AM PDT and ending 01/08/2023 11:59 PM PST
The Gateway casino sites and food & beverage locations participating in the Promotion include:
- Grand Villa Casino, Burnaby, B.C., Personas Patio + Restaurant + Lounge
- Cascades Casino, Langley, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Starlight Casino, New Westminster, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Cascades Casino, Kamloops, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Chances Playtime, Kamloops, B.C.
- Cascades Casino, Penticton, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Lake City Casino, Vernon, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Chances Playtime, Kelowna, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Chances Playtime Signal Point, Williams Lake, B.C.
- Chances Mission, B.C.
- Chances Abbotsford, B.C.
- Grand Villa Casino, Edmonton, AB., Match Eatery & Public House
- Starlight Casino, Edmonton, AB., Match Eatery & Public House
- Chances Playtime, Courtenay, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Chances Playtime, Campbell River, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Chances Squamish, Squamish, B.C., Match Eatery & Public House
- Starlight Casino, Point Edward, Ont., Match Eatery & Public House
- Cascades Casino, Chatham, Ont., Match Eatery & Public House
- Playtime Casino, Hanover, Ont., Match Eatery & Public House
- Playtime Wasaga Beach ON, Match Eatery & Public House
- Cascades North Bay, ON, Match Eatery & Public House
- Cascades Delta BC, Match Eatery & Public House
- Gateway Casinos, Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., Getaway Restaurant
- Gateway Casinos, Thunder Bay, Ont., Getaway Restaurant
- Casino Rama Resort, Rama, Ont. Simcoe Yard House
- Gateway Casinos, Sarnia, Ont., Express Bar
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited. ("Gateway")
The Grand Prize is comprised of a total of three (3) prizes supplied by the Prize Supplier, valued at a total of CAD $14,500, awarded as follows:
- 1st place: prize(s) trip for 2 to the 2023 Pro Bowl in Las Vegas valued at approx CAD $10,000*
- 2nd Place: prize(s) NFL Gift Pack valued at CAD $3,000
- 3rd Place: prize(s) NFL Gift Pack valued at CAD $1,500
Gateway Casinos and Entertainment ltd.
Qualified Entrants must be age 19 or over if the participant enters in British Columbia or Ontario, or age 18 or over if the participant enters the Promotion in Alberta. Qualified Entrants must be resident in Canada, and must be registered to play online at www.myclubeatanddrink.com or www.gatewayfootball.ca.
- Employees, agents, successors and assigns of BCLC, AGLC, OLG, Gateway, Strategy9, the Prize Supplier or any advertising agencies or promotional companies engaged by Gateway in connection with the Promotion;
- Family and household members of same;
- Employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of the NFL Entities;
- All banned members as well as participants in BCLC’s, OLG’s or AGLC’s Voluntary Self-Exclusion (VSE) Program during the Entry Period;
- Residents of Quebec; and
- US residents
Gateway will award a total of three (3) Weekly Prizes during each week during the Entry Period. A “week” is deemed to start at 12:00 AM PDT/PST on Thursday and end at 11:59 PM PDT/PST on the following Monday. The Weekly Prizes will include either a food & beverage gift card for the Gateway restaurant operated at the winning Qualified Entrant’s designated Participating Site, OR NFL branded merchandise, at the discretion of Gateway. Weekly Prizes will each be valued at approximately CAD $50.00. Weekly Prizes will be awarded every Tuesday at 11am PST between Tuesday, Sept 13, 2022 and Tuesday, Jan 10, 2023 .
Weekly Prize for each Facility will be awarded after the last game of each week during the Entry Period (exact time to be determined).
Prize substitution due to COVID-19 travel prohibitions
In the event that provincial, state or federal laws, regulations, or orders in either Canada or the United States enacted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic operate to prohibit Grand Prize winner from travelling to the 2023 NFL ProBowl Las Vegas, or if the 2023 NFL ProBowl Las Vegas is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gateway reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a trip to Las Vegas in the 2023/24 season to the game of the aforementioned winner’s choice.
How to Enter the Promotion:
Football Pool Format:
- No purchase required/free-to-play;
- During the Entry Period, Qualified Entrants may enter the Promotion by completing an online registration form at myclubeatanddrink.com or gatewayfootball.ca;
- Each week, Qualified Entrants will pick the winner of each of the NFL games scheduled that week (with no point spread used) using the online form;
- Valid picks must be made at least 10 minutes prior to the kickoff of each game. The online form records the time each pick is made. Picks made later than 10 minutes before the start of each game, as automatically recorded in the online form, are invalid. No points will be awarded for invalid picks; and
- Qualified Entrants will be awarded 1 point for each game in which the participant has picked the winner. One (1) point will be awarded in the event of a tied game.
Each Qualified Entrant will receive bonus points when they come to a Facility on Thursdays, Sundays and Mondays during the Entry Period, to receive the ‘special daily’ code word (maximum one entry for bonus points for such day). Qualified Entrants who submit a Thursday code word entry on a Thursday during the Entry Period via their login will receive three (3) additional points. Qualified Entrants who submit a Sunday code word entry on a Sunday during the Entry Period via their login will receive two (2) additional points. Qualified Entrants who submit a Monday code word entry on a Monday during the Entry Period via their login will receive three (3) additional points. Bonus points will be given to Qualified Entrants, based on time of entry, according to the following schedule:
|Day of Week
||Time of Day
Gateway will award Weekly Prizes after the last game of each week during the Entry Period (exact time to be determined) to the three (3) Qualified Entrants who earned the most points during such week. Each Qualified Entrant shall first have their picks verified and audited using Gateway’s PlayerIQ system to ensure the Qualified Entrants made legitimate picks prior to the kickoff of each game. The winners will be notified by phone/email. Gateway’s determination of the Weekly Prize winners is final. The odds of a Qualified Entrant winning a Weekly Prize will depend on the total number of legitimate picks received each week of the Entry Period. TIE BREAKER RULE: In the event of a tie between Qualified Entrants, the difference between the tied Qualified Entrants’ guesses on the total score on the last game in a week and the actual total score of the last game that week (regardless of whether the guess is over or below the actual total) will be summed weekly, and the Qualified Entrant with the lowest difference (i.e., the Qualified Entrant whose guess is closest to the actual total score) for the last game that week will be the winner of the Weekly Prize. In the event of multiple winners for the Weekly Prize after the application of the Tie Breaker Rule, the value of the Weekly Prize will be divided equally between the tied Qualified Entrants.
Within 72 hours of the last game of the NFL regular season (time to be determined), a first, second and third place winner will be chosen by selecting the Qualified Entrants with the first, second and third highest cumulative amount of points earned throughout the season. Each Qualified Entrant shall first have their picks verified and audited using Gateway’s PlayerIQ system to ensure the Qualified Entrants made legitimate picks 10 minutes prior to the kick off of each game. The top three point winners will be notified by phone/email using the contact information provided by the Qualified Entrant. The odds of a Qualified Entrant winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of legitimate picks received during the Entry Period. The first place Grand Prize winner shall receive prizes valued at $10,000 CAD. The Second Place Grand Prize winner shall receive prizes valued at $3,00.00 CAD. The third place Grand Prize winner shall receive prizes valued at $1,500.00 CAD. Gateway’s determination of the Grand Prize winners is final.
TIE BREAKER RULE: In the event of a tie between Qualified Entrants, the difference between (X) an entrant’s guess of the total score of the last game of a week and (Y) the actual total score of the last game of that week (regardless of whether the guess is over or below the actual total) will be summed weekly for the entire season, and the Qualified Entrant with the lowest aggregate weekly difference (i.e., the Qualified Entrant whose guess is closest to the actual total score of all of the last games of each week for the entire season) will be the overall winner of the Grand Prize. The other Qualified Entrant will be the second place winner of the Grand Prize. The same rule will apply to a second place tie if necessary. In the event of multiple winners for the first, second or third place, after the application of the Tie Breaker Rule, the value of the Grand Prize for such first, second or third place will be equally divided between all eligible winners.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of Gateway, which reserves the right for any reason to award or substitute the Grand Prize, or part thereof, of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award.
The first place Grand Prize winner and their guest irrevocably waive all claims against the NFL Entities, and agree that the NFL Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Promotion, the prizes awarded, personal injury, or wrongful death, a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of participant’s participating in the Promotion and related activities (e.g., travel), wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. The first place Grand Prize winner and guest fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including any protocols that will be implemented from time to time by NFL (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
Resale of game tickets is strictly prohibited. All NFL tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Prize winner and guest must abide by all venue policies and regulations, including without limitation all health and safety protocols, and ticket terms and conditions at all times. Gateway reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Grand Prize from any winner or guest who the Gateway, venue personnel or the NFL Entities deem in any of their sole discretion, may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue or NFL policy or law, fail to comply with the NFL’s (or its designee’s) health and safety protocols, or bring the NFL Entities into disrepute. For the avoidance of doubt, unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or applied towards tickets for any subsequent NFL event or for cash.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the Promotion.
- All Grand Prize winners and Weekly Prize winners must answer a skill testing question.
- Gateway may, at its sole discretion and without liability to any person, alter, amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion and/or the Promotion Terms at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
- Gateway and its designees shall have the right to publish the name, location, likeness and a recent photograph of the winner(s) without remuneration to them.
- Gateway reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to not award any prize in the event that the integrity of all, or a part, of the Promotion is compromised (including, but not limited to, events of computer error, fraud, deception, misrepresentation or misuse). Gateway further reserves the right, at is sole discretion, to disqualify any player or other individual from the Promotion that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting or be in violation of the Promotion Terms; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to interfere in any manner with any aspect of this Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, copied, or like entry methods, will void any entries or picks made by any such methods, and will disqualify any player or participant using such methods without further notice to the player or participant.
- Gateway makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, either expressed or implied, oral or written, in respect of any prize.
- Gateway is not responsible for any typographical errors in the administration of the Promotion and/or in any promotion related materials.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded. The refusal by an entrant to accept any prize releases and forever discharges Gateway and the Prize Supplier from all obligations to that entrant in connection with the Promotion, including delivery of any prize.
- Before being awarded any prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by Gateway or the Prize Supplier a full release and indemnity form (and any additional waivers as may be required by the Prize Supplier) stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these Promotion Terms and Conditions, grants all consents required by Gateway and the Prize Supplier, authorizes Gateway and the Prize Supplier to broadcast, publish, disseminate and/or otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice and all other indicia of personality, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news and/or for entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of the prize, accepts the prize as offered and releases Gateway and the Prize Supplier from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in the Promotion and receipt and/or use of the prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Promotion Terms, Gateway and the Prize Supplier shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and Gateway and the Prize Supplier shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- All Promotion entries and picks become the property of Gateway who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries or picks.
- All Gateway decisions in relation to the Promotion are final and binding.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, all entrants agree to release the NFL Entities from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, liability of any kind resulting or arising from participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto).
Email: email@example.com (entrants resident of Ontario may also contact the OLG Freedom of Information and Privacy Office at 70 Foster Drive Suite 800 Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 6V2, 1-800-387-0098).
- The Promotion (including the Promotion Terms) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.